Saturday, August 26, 2017

Men At Work - Hard Luck Story - 1985

Dear fellow music lovers -

I've been delving into my incomplete sets to build new "Deluxe Versions" for all of us.  I am currently working on Men At Work's album Two Hearts.  In 1985, they released a single in Australia only for the song Hard Luck Story.  I am missing the following tracks for this song....

Hard Luck Story (Dance Mix)
Hard Luck Story (Instrumental)

As the album didn't have any new songs on b-sides, all I have are mixes to include.  Without these two mixes, my collection will be far from complete.  If ANYONE has these songs, I would greatly appreciate your help in finishing the set.  PLEASE let me know if you can find them!!!!!!

Thank you

Jason 

9 comments:

  1. Wish I could help you out... I checked my hard drive and afraid all I have is the regular version on 'Two Hearts'. I wish you luck in the search though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have someone trying to share these with me on Facebook by it says attachment unavailable. Check here and see if it works for you

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1714012738847830/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working on it as we speak..... Seems that it's being blocked before it makes the jump over the Pacific...

      Delete
    2. She says it uses her data to send it by Wetransfer. I told her to check the privacy settings on that attachment. I'll keep you posted.

      Delete
  3. Hey Matt - If Fran can make this work, you get a "Deluxe Version" of your choice, so start thinking about what you want....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So turns out she just filmed the record playing and you can hear it but it leaves a lot to be desired soundwise. You can check it out on the page now. I emailed someone that runs a Colin Hay site so I'll see if I have better luck there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, regardless of the sound quality, I have to thank Fran for going to all that trouble to upload it for us. I now have to figure out how to convert it into an mp3.... If anyone else has a better sound quality, please post here!

      Delete
    2. I can convert to mp3. Do you want me to send it to you?

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete