Wednesday, April 12, 2017

The Power Station - 1985 - Already Been Deluxed!


Already Been Deluxed - Day Three - The Power Station - 1985 

When they released this expanded edition, I wasn't sure if I was overjoyed or upset.  I was overjoyed that they had finally released all of their '85 material on one disc, which is what I had always wanted.  I was upset by the fact that I couldn't make my own homemade, custom, one-of-a-kind disc to the envy of my fellow D2 friends, EMI had already done it and I was no longer the sole owner.  Now, if I ever tried to make my own version, it would be a cheap knock-off.  I mean, theirs even has a DVD!

But, it is still one of my favorite albums from the Duran Dynasty.  Even without Simon's vocals, you could hear the boys shining though - heavy bass and ripping guitars.  Obviously, Robert's vocals were MORE than adequate, and Tony's percussion was explosive.  Love it, love it, love it. I can still remember sitting in my 8th grade class talking to this girl about it, and how she was disappointed because it didn't sound like Duran.  Funny...   I used to put my headphones on and turn it up as loud as I could and play the album's first two tracks.  The thundering drums and screaming guitars nearly made my ears bleed.  I couldn't stop.

Surprisingly enough, this collection actually IS missing a track, which I proudly found and am graciously providing.  The Murderess Edit Version is not on the original Deluxe Edition, and I had to add it in at the end.  So NOW everything is on it.  Actually, I didn't "find" the track, I found it on the Burning The Ground blog, so technically, it's his to begin with.  Thank you for that!

As for the cover, I was fortunate to find some great jpegs of the original 33 1/3 cover.  The image is virtually flawless, and made it extremely easy to work with.  Overall, this cover turned out very well.

Now, I just need to get a Riptide and a Thunder post, and we can have a part two to this post!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. I hope you are planning on re-doing this one in 320 kbps format. Not sure why you would do anything less. It is, otherwise, excellent!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete