Monday, February 13, 2017

Shamen - Hempton Manor - 1996

Only a few small points to make on this little nugget.  I had to post it, because it's very difficult to find online.  And, it's also the last good album the Shamen ever made, even without the fabulous raps of Mr C.  The original cover of the CD was made from hemp paper.  Also, finding (or making) a decent scan of the album cover as it was intended, without looking like a scan, is very very difficult.  I had to take a bad scan of the cover and literally redraw the entire graphic.  Fortunately, it wasn't too horribly difficult.  Lastly, I have always liked their parting message for the One Little Indian founder, Rick Birket.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, do some research and I bet it will make you smirk a bit as well.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent post. I've been listening to Entact a lot recently and loved your Entact v0 post from a while back. I've never heard this as I think the last album of theirs I bought was Axis Mutatis/Arbor Bona Arbor Mala.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good instrumental Shamen´s album, a lost jewel, good job!

    ReplyDelete