Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Japan - Gentlemen Take Polaroids - 1980

The first song I ever heard by Japan was Gentlemen Take Polaroids.  It was the first time that I realized that D2 weren't the pioneers, they were the rip-off artists (I still loved them most, despite that fact.)

But, I've been through my thoughts on Japan in my previous post of them.  My feelings haven't changed, I just wanted to tell you this was the first for me.  Its a great album, I have all the extra tracks, and some great single sleeve graphics...

Anyway...

I'm not going to say much more tonight.  I've got a lot on my mind.

Remember when I was bitching about my job last Friday?  I really wanted to quit.  Well, my wife lost her job yesterday, cutting our family's income in half, along with our healthcare.  So, now I am the sole income, and I get an extra 900 a month deducted from my check that I can't afford at all now, for insurance.  And that's the high deductible plan.  That being said, my family will now be down about 3700 a month in net income.  How the fuck are we supposed to make up for that?

I'd like to get political here, about the fallacy of affordable healthcare, and a good economy and about job growth, because all of that is a bunch of political bullshit that's used to prop up a corrupt system of ideological extremes...  But, I'm not going to go there, right?  I'm a fucking conservative, and I have a feeling that I might piss a bunch of people off...

All I can say is hold on to what you have.  Because, it doesn't matter who wins, I have a feeling that 2017 is going to be a fucking nightmare economically, and it's going to be a struggle just to survive.

Wow, quite the optimist.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for this, been a fan of Japan since the early 80's when I bought a copy of the "Japan" vinyl lp that was issued here in the states.
    Also so sorry to hear about your troubles, and yes I think the next four years is gonna be...... no matter who gets elected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great record. Sorry to hear about your troubles. She should fight for unemployment which would likely be about half of what she was getting,, as well as and see if her insurance coverage can be extended under her employment plan, which would still be an expense but... make sure to see what subsidies you can get for your family's coverage as well. Blah blah... I'm sure you are on it already. What a drag. Whatever side of the political spectrum you are on or anyone here for that matter, we are all in the same boat together. When it comes down to it, it is all about self preservation and the desire to see the ones you love prosper. Divisive politics does no one any good in the long run. As for affordable healthcare, what can we expect from a bill written by the insurance companies? In the USA there are democrats and republicans everywhere else Americans. Best of luck to you and all of us, we will need it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your predicament. Hope all turns out swell in the near future for you and family. Take care and thanks for the music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only echo that which has already been posted by others. I worry deeply and lovingly for my American friends. I have never understood what seems to be a willful resistance (politically) to reject the type of healthcare availability which exists in every other industrialized nation. Worldwide, there is just too much emphasis placed upon money and power, and not nearly enough placed on basic rights and ensuring that the necessary essentials are within reach for all. I wish you nothing but the best, and will sending positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My thoughts on Japan are still the same. Longtime fan, love their music.

    I try not to get political in places like this (I save that for my Twitter, haha), but I have to say, this election our choices are no choice at all. We have to choose between the devil and Satan (and that's coming from someone who has no religious affiliation), and neither one is palatable. No matter which one of them gets elected, the US is in for a 4-year horror show.

    I agree with Grebo Guru about healthcare. I've long thought that the US should adopt the kind of availability that pretty much every other industrialized nation has. But we never will, because gouging people for healthcare costs is way too profitable for corporations to give it up. The system is rotten from the inside, and has been for a very long time.

    I hope your wife can draw unemployment and have her coverage extended. Whatever company it was that fired her, I'm shaking a metaphorical fist at them for you.

    ReplyDelete