Saturday, July 23, 2016

PSB - Disco 3 - 2002

Disco 3 was released the year after Release and two years after the Break 4 Love single. It was also released before PopArt, the Best of... Collection.  I had a great time listening to this one.  BUT....

I didn't like the fact that when they released Disco 3, they had these great new tracks on there, but then a bunch of mixes from Release.  Well, you know me.  That couldn't be.  The mixes from Release need to go to Release.  So, I've switched up D3 to make it it's own album.  Between the singles released for PopArt and the new tracks from the original D3, there were plenty to fill it up.

Track 00 is a Radio One Jingle that opens this collection PERFECTLY.

Tracks 01, 02, 03, 05 and 08 were the new tracks for Disco 3

Tracks 04 and 06 were the singles from PopArt

Tracks 07, 09, 10 and 11 were the b-sides from the two PopArt singles

Tracks 12 through 16 were some of the remixes from the singles, including the Break 4 Love single.

Plenty for a fabulous PSB set that is lightyears better than the original.  Yes, there were some great mixes from the Release singles, but we'll get to those when I do the Release album.

And again, a great collection of tunes to listen to at about 1:30am in the morning....

11 comments:

  1. Hi. Just wanted to say I discovered your blog a couple of weeks ago and have been having a blast. Our taste in music is about the same and I love the way you make your own versions of releases. I've always done this myself, I remember back in the good old days of the 80's when copying my vinyl albums onto cassette tape, I always filled any blank tape space with whatever I could (B-sides, remixes...) that went with that particular album. I even made custom covers for quite a few cassettes. Great fun! I've also enjoyed "testing the waters" with a few groups I've never heard of. Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I wasn't the only one! It's guys like you that keep me making these. It IS great fun! Thanks for the comments and for visiting my site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did something like this too. Of interest, there was a RSD release as well as download from PSB's website for two other contenders for this compilation, the earmarked "a powerful friend" which was taken off at the last minute and Lovelife, which got recorded by Alcazar. Two other demos: motoring and only love were also recorded during the Release period and left off as unfinished demos. There was also a chris zippel remix of Email and a version of London with alternate lyrics on the bridge. I thought The full length version of Break for love kinda fits here too though it was really recorded along wiht Positive role model to be a part of a 2000 greatest hits compilation that never materialized. It cold have really been a double album if you included the 2004 remix of west end girls or the barfly version of it's a sin, the demo for Jack and Jill Party or the Kiki Kikova disco 3 record release party giveaway of Love to Love You Baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you post any of those tracks here? I can (and will) make a DISCO 3 Part II if you could make those tracks available.... Come on now!!!!!

      Delete
  4. Is your gmail the same as your id above?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might go there, but just in case -

      Kidchaos2@aol.com

      Thanks!

      Delete
  5. This is a great package, sir. Thanks so much for including the 12" of Miracles. It literally became my favorite PSB song. And I got to get a link for you of some of the comps I made soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be awesome, Max! Thank you. Any additional input is always appreciated.

      Delete
  6. Greetings! I absolutely love your site but sometimes your writing makes me piss myself. Nice to nab some music and laugh at the same time. I forget who the band was, but you referred to a song they did as being the "only turd" on the album. LOL!!! It's the little things........Anyway, thanks again for some great stuff....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments and I'm glad you like the blog! As for the blog itself, there are too many blogs out there that talk about the album, talk about the artist, and that's not where I wanted to go with this one. I wanted to personalize this, to show the impact of the album or its place in my life, and to do it off-the-cuff.none of the comments are planned, and I try to keep from editing myself as I publish. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

      Delete