Saturday, June 11, 2016

This time, with the Power Company...

This morning, I started working on my Smiths cover for Strangeways, Here We Come.  It's a rather large project for me, as I am doing three different covers for the same album.  I couldn't decide which one I liked best.  Anyway, I was 85% of the way done with all three of them (making all three simultaneously to copy and paste track listings), and I hadn't saved any of them.  Then the electricity blinked out in the whole house for literally 2 seconds.  When my computer clicked, I lost everything.

Frustrated, I rebooted the computer, and put the Smiths on the back burner as I was pissed about the covers.  So, I started on my Bjork Homogenic remix and b-side disc with a recolored cover.  If any of you know how Photoshop works, you know that it can be a tedious and complex job of getting exactly what you want.  I was recoloring little bubbles on the cover, again spending about an hour or an hour and a half on the job.  Boom, the electricity goes out yet again.  And, again, I hadn't saved the job.

So, after spending about 3 hours on four different covers, I have nothing to show for it.  What a pisser.  Totally ruined my day.

I'll see you all tonight with 2 new posts, have a great afternoon...

3 comments:

  1. I've had the same sort of problem. No worries. May I make a suggestion... battery back up. The power where I live isn't the most reliable in the world (you do have to make some concessions living in Hawaii). The power in my are fluctuates fairly regularly... fixed it with a $150 back up from Best Buy a few years ago... and voila... no more problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good idea. Here in the midwest, it's 95 today, and every air conditioner is on. BzzzT! and out it goes. I think I may do that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. UPS Uninterrupted Power Supply. Basically the battery back up Puffin Randy suggested, but that's the phrase to search for

    ReplyDelete