Friday, April 15, 2016

The Essence - A Monument of Trust - 1987

So, when you first play this album, one thing will immediately run through your mind...

"Hey, I think Jason accidentally uploaded a Cure album by mistake."

And then you'll listen and say....

"Hey, which Cure album IS this?!  I've never heard it before!"

And then you'll read this post and learn that it's an album by a group called The Essence, a band led by Hans Diener from the Netherlands, and he looks nothing like Fat Bob.

In fact, if you want, you could pretend that you never read this post, and decide that you've just uncovered a long lost Cure album that was never released before.  And it JUST MIGHT WORK.

If you like the Cure, then enjoy.  It's a doozy.

The Essence - A Monument of Trust - 1987

1 comment:

  1. Funny, when I first stumbled upon this CD about 15 years ago, I popped it into the CD player and immediately assumed that Robert Smith was the guest vocals, singing with some other band. Song after song I was perplexed, until I dug deeper to find out it wasn't him and my mind was blown!

    ReplyDelete