Saturday, April 16, 2016

Psychedelic Furs - Mirror Moves - 1984

This is by far my favorite Furs album.  Every song on it is quintessential Furs.  It is pure Post Punk.  It is the Butler brothers writing at their best.

In my previous Post Punk compilation, Ghost In You is right up front, there.  Every note drips melancholy, yet pulls out an absolutely pure pop hook.

Here Come Cowboys, again has a perfect pop hook, but it sounds a little too radio friendly.  Still a great tune.

Following we have the two biggest hits of the album, and probably two of the Furs most memorable, with the exception of that one Pink song. Heaven and Heartbeat are always on the top of my list when shuffling my favorite 80s tracks.

The rest of the album tracks are great, and I wrapped the disc with the mixes of the singles.

Any Post Punk collection would HAVE to include this album, hands down.

Psychedelic Furs - Mirror Moves - 1984

4 comments:

  1. great album, many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely my favorite Furs album, as well. Richard sounds great, the hooks grab you immediately, and every song is a gem. "Heartbeat" is definitely my favorite Furs track -- when that stuttering sax at the beginning settles into the hook with the guitar, it's just pure pop magic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the best blog ever. Seriously. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete